Hi 👋 Teacher Luke here,
I know preparing for the Duolingo English Test can feel tough, but don’t stress! I’m here to help. I’ve put together my top 5 tips to not only help you pass the Duolingo English Test, but really ace it!
Top 5 Tips to Pass the Duolingo English Test
👇 Let’s dive into the top 5 tips to master this test and get the score you need!
1. Familiarize Yourself with the Question Types: There are currently 13 question types on the exam covering all skills: listening, reading, writing, and speaking. Preparing for each of them is a stepping stone to success.
2. Pay Special Attention to Your Production Subscore: The Production Subscore, a gauge of your speaking and writing skills, is what most test-takers struggle with! Moreover, a lot of universities want you to have a high Production Score, which adds to its importance. These are the 8 questions that contribute to your Production Score:
- Summarize the Conversation
- Write About the Photo
- Speak About the Photo
- Read Then Write
- Read Then Speak
- Listen Then Speak
- Writing Sample
- Speaking Sample
I hear a lot that preparing for all of these 8 Production Score questions can feel very overwhelming 😫
But, don’t worry! My Complete Guide and Ultimate Production Score Program are packed with effective steps for approaching the production questions, strategies and tips, tons of practice questions, and 3x Full Tests for your test preparation.
This is your chance to boost your test prep and master the DET
Click here to get the Program! 👉 https://learn.detready.com/?coupon=JULY2023
Don’t just take the test – MASTER it! 💪
I can’t wait to hear about your high scores.
3. Understanding the Scoring Criteria: The grading of the speaking and writing tasks revolves around your grammar, vocabulary, task relevance, and fluency. It’s important to learn how to craft your spoken and written answers effectively so that they meet all these key points in the criteria.
You’ll find all of these aspects comprehensively covered in my Ultimate Production Score Program.
4. Practice Makes Perfect, Especially Timed Practice: Regular practice under time constraints will help you get in tune with the test’s pace, and before you know it, you’ll be an expert at managing your time during the test!
Check out my Full Test videos on YouTube – I have made over 20 of them! – or our Practice Platform at 👉 practice.detready.com
5. Know the Rules: Don’t let unawareness of the rules become a stumbling block! Although you can find a complete set of rules on the DET website, here are a few critical ones – avoid using memorized answers for the speaking and writing questions, keep your eyes on the screen, don’t use tools like Grammarly, don’t take notes, and ensure you are in a room completely alone during the test.
Master these tips and you’ll be well on your way to acing the DET.